Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » WUF-201 File open
WUF-201 File open [message #669115] Tue, 03 April 2018 08:24 Go to next message
mitanen
Hi,

I am using Forms 11g.
I have this error WUF-201 ... (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process) that I get when I try to open a file. I know that the error is because the file is already open. I want to know how can I handle this non oracle error. I want to post a shorter and more intelligible message for users. The one that I get is long and technical and only at the end, if you have patience to read, you can understand why you get it.

All I found on internet are problems regarding the rights of the user. But this is not the case here.

Thank you !
Re: WUF-201 File open [message #669116 is a reply to message #669115] Tue, 03 April 2018 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
mitanen wrote on Tue, 03 April 2018 06:24
Hi,

I am using Forms 11g.
I have this error WUF-201 ... (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process) that I get when I try to open a file. I know that the error is because the file is already open. I want to know how can I handle this non oracle error. I want to post a shorter and more intelligible message for users. The one that I get is long and technical and only at the end, if you have patience to read, you can understand why you get it.

All I found on internet are problems regarding the rights of the user. But this is not the case here.

Thank you !
Is OS name Windoze?

How can we reproduce what you report?
Re: WUF-201 File open [message #669118 is a reply to message #669116] Tue, 03 April 2018 09:10 Go to previous message
mitanen
I am using Windows 7 Enterprise.

The story is like this:
- user exports some data from the screen in CSV file.
- user opens the file and changes some data.
- imports the file back to tables behind the screen
- if some errors occurs then a similar file + "err" will be generated. This is exactly like the one exported but has an extra column "Error" where you can see them.
- user cheks the info filled wrong in the file and then imports once again the file.

Because sometimes they forget to close first the file, when they imports the second time the file (that already exists) the error mentioned is raised.

Open a CSV file that is already open with this command:
CLIENT_TEXT_IO.fopen(path+filename, 'W', 80000);

I know I can include in the name of the file TIMESTAMP (TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'yymmdd_hh24miss')) and the name of the file will be always unique but I am curious to know how can this error be treated. It is an non oracle exception so exception when others will not prevent the message to appear.

Hope this was explanations were ok and the problem is more understandable now.

Regards.
Previous Topic: FRM-40508: Oracle error: unable to INSERT record (Simple/Weird error)
Next Topic: Print reports 11g directly to client printer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:16:50 CDT 2024