Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Split from hijacked (and ancient) topic
Split from hijacked (and ancient) topic [message #677169] Wed, 28 August 2019 12:34 Go to next message
M HANIF
Dear Brothers.....
Can you please help me to import backup into database user
from oracle form
with when button pressed trigger
I want to
=> drop an existing user firstly...
=> create user
=> grant dba to new user
=> import backup into that user.
Please help me how to write code for this in an oracle form....

--moderator update: I do not know what this means, but I assume it is something to do with Forms.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 August 2019 12:47] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Split from hijacked (and ancient) topic: Re-create a schema [message #677178 is a reply to message #677169] Thu, 29 August 2019 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Never mind doing this by pressing a button, perhaps start by writing the code: Dropping a user, creating a user, and granting the role is simple. Importing a Data Pump export (which I assume is what you mean by "import backup into database user") is a little more complicated, you could perhaps do it either by using the DBMS_DATAPUMP API or by launching the impdp client through a Scheduler job.

When you have all that working, look at invoking it through a Form.

Does that help you to get started?
Re: Split from hijacked (and ancient) topic: Re-create a schema [message #677188 is a reply to message #677178] Thu, 29 August 2019 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M HANIF
John Watson wrote on Thu, 29 August 2019 00:58
Never mind doing this by pressing a button, perhaps start by writing the code: Dropping a user, creating a user, and granting the role is simple. Importing a Data Pump export (which I assume is what you mean by "import backup into database user") is a little more complicated, you could perhaps do it either by using the DBMS_DATAPUMP API or by launching the impdp client through a Scheduler job.

When you have all that working, look at invoking it through a Form.

Does that help you to get started?
Can you please share the code to drop user, create user, grant dba role & import backup....!!!
I can do this with sql command line which is simple....
But how to do this with Oracle form by pressing a button?
I'm unable to do that.....!!!
Please help me....
I'm using Oracle forms 10g with developer 6i
Re: Split from hijacked (and ancient) topic: Re-create a schema [message #677213 is a reply to message #677188] Fri, 30 August 2019 16:27 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Check the FORMS_DDL built-in. It is well described in Forms Online Help system.

By the way, this:
Quote:
I'm using Oracle forms 10g with developer 6i
makes no sense. "Forms 10g" is a tool. "Developer 6i" is, well, nothing. There's the "Developer Suite" which contains Forms and Reports. Or, there's "Forms Developer". Did you mean to say that database version you use is 10g, and you're creating forms using Forms Builder 6i?
Previous Topic: Primary Key in detail block
Next Topic: error in this code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:31:45 CDT 2024