Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ORACLE 6i Forms work flow Approval (Windows)
ORACLE 6i Forms work flow Approval [message #679766] Tue, 24 March 2020 09:46 Go to next message
Usman_Khan
Dear ALL,
i have created a sign up page for creating user in oracle forms 6i, i want to setup an approval process on submit button. Means user will enter the user name and password and submit it for approval to an admin user. how can i perform this activity over a Submit Button in oracle forms 6i.
  • Attachment: sign up.PNG
    (Size: 205.69KB, Downloaded 1366 times)
Re: ORACLE 6i Forms work flow Approval [message #679786 is a reply to message #679766] Thu, 26 March 2020 07:50 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
In order for a Forms application to run, you have to be connected to the database. Therefore, someone who doesn't know credentials can't run this form in the first place. You could create user "demo" (or "guest" or something like that), just to run this form.

Form's block should be a database block, and you'd allow inserts only. New users would create a row in that table ("Submit" button would perform "Commit"). Admin would either review that table periodically, or you'd create a trigger which would send an e-mail to admin saying "you have users that wait for your approval".
Previous Topic: database block
Next Topic: How to navigate through worksheets using DDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:17:40 CDT 2024