Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Setting text label property
Setting text label property [message #680617] Tue, 26 May 2020 04:20 Go to next message
jury68000
Is it possible to set a property of a text label on canvas to not visible under some condition and visible on other conditions?

Forms 10g, Win7
Re: Setting text label property [message #680631 is a reply to message #680617] Wed, 27 May 2020 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Try SET_ITEM_PROPERTY built-in. It has the LABEL property, so you could set it to e.g. space (won't be visible, right?).
Re: Setting text label property [message #680632 is a reply to message #680631] Wed, 27 May 2020 02:10 Go to previous message
jury68000
Thanks for the answer, but as far as I know, set_item_property will work only with data_block componets and not with the "direct" canvas component as that label I want to make invisible.
Yesterday I have talked to someone who works with Forms for really quite some time (oposite to me who is quite fresh in Forms so far) and she said that its not possible to change properties of those "direct" canvas components.
For me its really hard to believe that if you put some canvas label or draw a rectangle its just hardwired to canvas and its not possible to change the color or any other property of that component at runtime, but maybe its so, as Oracle took this path for those components.
I can not add a picture from my machine to this post (its possible to add a picture only from some web site) so trying to describe which component I'm talking about, its the one which on the component palette is presented with a capital "A". It (together with rectangles, etc) are being placed directly on a canvas (not through data_block).
For now I used the text_item component with its own label prompt which I unvisulalize setting a space character as its text, but if anyone know a way to set properties of those direct canvas components please let me know.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 May 2020 02:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to exact alignment text item and its prompt?
Next Topic: Saving an IMAGE of BLOB type from Oracle forms to the database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:32:10 CDT 2024