Home » Other » Client Tools » Client Install (32 and 64 bit ORACLE 19c Home Client)
Client Install [message #685489] Mon, 24 January 2022 03:27 Go to next message
JonHowes
Hi,
I have been trying to install a both a 32 bit and 64 bit client onto a Windows 2012 R2 server (64 bit)

I can install the 32 bit client into a folder called c:\Oracle2 without any issues.

When i try and install the 64 bit client into c:\ORACLE i get a "Java Platform SE binary has stopped working" message see attached for expanded error.

/foru/forum/fa/14584/0/

I tried to install this using the expanded setup suggested as a solution by ORACLE

setup.exe -j-XX:CompileComand=exclude,java/lang/StringBuilder.append -J-XX:CompileCommand=exclude,java/lang/AbstractStringBuilder.append

Has anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

jon
  • Attachment: oe2.png
    (Size: 14.41KB, Downloaded 2566 times)
Re: Client Install [message #685491 is a reply to message #685489] Mon, 24 January 2022 05:49 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

When you're installing the new version, be sure that no Oracle directories are in the environment variables and no ORACLE environment variables exist.
Neither in your DOS session nor in the current user or server system environment variables (HKCU\Environment and HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\Environment, or the like).

Previous Topic: PL/SQL developer Command Prompt accepts input from user only one time
Next Topic: Results_Set output through the spool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:51:30 CDT 2024