Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » how create a 8.0.5 catalog schemas in oracle9i R2
how create a 8.0.5 catalog schemas in oracle9i R2 [message #72279] Thu, 01 May 2003 05:40 Go to next message
kkkkhhhh
hi:
i have a oracle 8.0.5 and a oracle 9i R2 database.i want create multiple catalog schemas in a single catalog database.But i use catrman.sql to create oracle 8.0.5 catalog schema, SqlPlus return error:

Warning: Package Body created with compilation errors.

Errors for PACKAGE BODY DBMS_RCVMAN:

LINE/COL ERROR
-------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
2255/1 PLS-00593: default value of parameter "PARTIAL_RCV" in body must match that of spec

The catalog can't create.pls help me,thx.[[
Re: how create a 8.0.5 catalog schemas in oracle9i R2 [message #73088 is a reply to message #72279] Mon, 02 February 2004 00:57 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Hi,

I know it is a bit late, but we just found a solution to this problem. Steps:

1. Spool the DBMS_RCVMAN package and package body to a file by selecting from user_source.

spool x.sql
set pages 0 echo off feed off trimspool on
select text
from   user_source
where  type  = 'PACKAGE'
  and  name  = 'DBMS_RCVMAN'
order by line
/
select text
from   user_source
where name  = 'DBMS_RCVMAN'
  and type  = 'PACKAGE BODY'
order by line
spool off

2. Make the script runnable by adding "CREATE OR REPLACE" in front of the package and package body, and adding "/" at the ends to run it.

3. Made the specifications match the body declarations exactly (add the missing DEFAULT's to the spec as listed in the body).

4. Run the script (x.sql) to replace the previous package.

It appears that Oracle versions 8i and below allowed differences in the first place.

Best regards.

Frank
Previous Topic: how to stop SMON
Next Topic: TNS-could not resolve service name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 15:47:12 CDT 2024