Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Archive Logs not deleted
Archive Logs not deleted [message #72360] Wed, 28 May 2003 11:11 Go to next message
sheela
Hi, We have a databasein Archivelog mode. And we clean up the Archive logs every week after a full backup. However the internal Archive Log history in the database shows that all the archive logs (since the beginning of the database -2, 3 years old) has not been deleted and it keeps track of all of them. How do I remove this history Info? I see this in the DBA studio in the Archive Logs section of the database.
Also , is this only history or is this information used by the database to recover from failure?

Thanks
Tony
Re: Archive Logs not deleted [message #72381 is a reply to message #72360] Mon, 02 June 2003 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthew Iskra
How are you doing the Backup? Are you doing an offline backup (shutdown, copy tablespace files, startup)? Are you using the recovery manger or RMAN?

--Matthew
Re: Archive Logs not deleted [message #72433 is a reply to message #72360] Fri, 13 June 2003 17:23 Go to previous message
Raju Angani
Hi Tony,

Cleaning Archive log history is called Purging the catalog DB.

Run this script

connect catalog abc/abc@abc
connect target xyz/xyz@xyz
allocate channel for maintenance type disk;
crosscheck backup;
delete expired backup;
release channel;

If it doesn't work. send an email. I can help you.

Good luck
Raju.
Previous Topic: Hiding userid/password? anyone.
Next Topic: Error in Rollback segment creation in 9i in a non system tablespace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 13:45:23 CDT 2024