Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » I offer a nice and cheap program to backup/restore Oracle 8 databases
I offer a nice and cheap program to backup/restore Oracle 8 databases [message #72455] Fri, 20 June 2003 10:20
Alex
See subject.

This program is in fact a GUI-supplied 32-bit wrapper for the following utilities: IMP.EXE, EXP.EXE, SQL Plus and WinRAR. It has many usefull functions, e.g.:

- Working from dialog mode as well as from command line, the latter being useful to run jobs from some scheduler or shortcut,
- Ability to get the list of all databases existing within the selected Oracle Service,
- Ability to get the list of all users connected to these databases and notify those users of the necessity to disconnect from the the databases (before starting the operation),
- Above mentioned notification can be made by 3 different methods, including special built-in pager (receiver is provided freeware to be installed on all workstations), e-mail (by means of built-in SMTP-client, so no any other e-mail software is needed) and any external "paging" software as well,
- Several methods of posting program's LOG to the user, including e-mail which can be redirected to mobile phone by means of existing SMS-gateways,
- Compressing (if so desired) DMP-files to RAR-archives,
- Convenient way to select a DMP(RAR)-file as source for the restore operation, with possibility to sort and filter all source files by date,
- Adding text comments when backing up a database in dialog mode, even when not using WinRAR to pack the DMP-file, thus making it convenient to find the necessary source-file not only by date but also by this comment usually associated with some event (e.g. "This is the backup made after I patched our database to the last version"),
- Running "post-exec" applications and (if needed) passing them info about database being processed thru the command line,
- nice and VERY SIMPLE interface, help system, good experience of program's usage under Win98/2000 to manage Oracle 8 databases,
- and so on...

To give an idea of what the program is I can send you by e-mail the following (just make your choice):
- help in HTML (17 kb),
- slideshow with main screens of the program commented with clear text comments (410 kb),
- demo-version (2.2 Mb).

Full version (if purchased) can be also supplied with source code if needed (MS VB 6).
Previous Topic: Import problem.
Next Topic: very urgent - want to download pachset 9
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 13:55:41 CDT 2024