Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » error message during loading file
error message during loading file [message #72975] Tue, 06 January 2004 00:15 Go to next message
Shai
when i'm using the option One can load data into an Oracle database by using the sqlldr (sqlload on some platforms) utility. Invoke the utility without arguments to get a list of available parameters. Look at the following example:
sqlldr scott/tiger control=loader.ctl
i need to that on daily base and to add new lines every day
but i'm getting the following error message
"SQL* loader-601:FOR insert option,table must be empty.error in table bearer_channel_data
Re: error message during loading file [message #72976 is a reply to message #72975] Tue, 06 January 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

SQL*Loader-00601 For INSERT option, table must be empty. Error on table string

Cause: A non-empty table is being loaded with the INSERT option.

Action: Use the REPLACE keyword to empty the old table and store the new data in its place. Use the APPEND keyword to leave the table's contents intact and add the new data to it.

Source: Chapter 19 of the Oracle9i Database Error Messages Guide.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: error message during loading file [message #73060 is a reply to message #72975] Mon, 26 January 2004 01:25 Go to previous message
Pav Basra
when i'm using the option One can load data into an Oracle database by using the sqlldr (sqlload on some platforms) utility. Invoke the utility without arguments to get a list of available parameters. Look at the following example:
sqlldr scott/tiger control=loader.ctl
i need to that on daily base and to add new lines every day
but i'm getting the following error message
"SQL* loader-601:FOR insert option,table must be empty.error in table bearer_channel_data

Thanks
Pav Basra
Previous Topic: Exit from pl-sql to unix
Next Topic: Oracle Architecture
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 16:01:20 CDT 2024