Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » submitted job not running
submitted job not running [message #73269] Fri, 12 March 2004 12:01 Go to next message
bechir
-

I submitted a job to execute a procedure but it didn't run. the next date is set to a future time. I can see the job in the dba_jobs but it does not execute at all. However, it does execute when I run it immediately using dbms_job.run(jobid).

do you have any idea why this is happening?

we are running oracle9.2 on aix.

Thanks
-
Re: submitted job not running [message #73270 is a reply to message #73269] Sat, 13 March 2004 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
Did you commit after you issued dbms_job.submit? The job is not submitted until you commit. However, dbms_job.run does not require a commit, so that might account for the difference. If that doesn't solve your problem, can you post the code that you used to submit the job and post the record from dba_jobs? It also might help to see the procedure that is being submitted.
Re: submitted job not running [message #73562 is a reply to message #73269] Mon, 24 May 2004 03:10 Go to previous message
Rui Pedro
Check the job_queue_processes parameter.
"show parameter job_queue_processes" should return a value > 0 or the jobs won't start.
Previous Topic: sql*loader
Next Topic: Import
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 15:58:23 CDT 2024