Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » live synchronization of data between ORACLE and SQL SERVER
live synchronization of data between ORACLE and SQL SERVER [message #73449] Mon, 03 May 2004 06:45 Go to next message
Navin
Hi,

We want to synchronize data between Oracle and MS SQL Server. Whenever a table gets updated in Oracle, a corresponding table(s) should get updated in MS SQL Server and vice -versa. 

Synchronizing data nightly is what we have right now (using procedures). But now we want to sync. data whenever changes happen to any database and changes to be reflected in other database.

Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thank you.

Rachna
Re: live synchronization of data between ORACLE and SQL SERVER [message #73469 is a reply to message #73449] Wed, 05 May 2004 11:00 Go to previous message
Tony
This seems more like replication from Oracle to SQLServer (transactional). This may be achieved (even though I've not tried it personally) using Oracle Gateway for SQLServer (which is included in the Oracle CD). It has its own problems though. You might want to go to metalink and search for "Orcle Gateway for SQLServer" and read about it and see if its applicable to your situation.

P.S: Recently I heard that Oracle has dropped support for this gateway.
Previous Topic: ORA-12560: TNS:Protocol adaptor error while running SVRMGRL
Next Topic: Importing the SQL server 2000 database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 16:21:41 CDT 2024