Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Importing Whole Database into Another Machine
Importing Whole Database into Another Machine [message #73460] Tue, 04 May 2004 23:31 Go to next message
JoinNepal
Hi,
I have two databases in different Machines.
Suppose,
Machine A has a database which is used by several users and data is always updated by the users all the time.
Machine B has the same database but it has data of certain Date..
Now, I want to import the database in the Machine B exported from Machine A without destroying or uninstalling Previous Database in Machine B.
Can u suggest me, how to do that?

Note: I can import the database Exported from machine A into Machine B uninstalling previous Whole Database on Machine B... But this time, I want to import the data from the dmp file exported from Machine A into Machine B only those data which is new for Database in machine B..

Hope to Hear from you soon..
Thank you..
Regards,
Everest.
Re: Importing Whole Database into Another Machine [message #73477 is a reply to message #73460] Fri, 07 May 2004 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Helena
If you want to import data from instance A to B and if already have on instance B tables with data from A, you need to drop the entire B schema. Export from A then ftp over to schema B and import, please not that if user names are diferent you need to do the following

imp test/test fromuser=test touser=test2
Hope it helps
Helena
Re: Importing Whole Database into Another Machine [message #73489 is a reply to message #73477] Tue, 11 May 2004 00:24 Go to previous message
JoinNepal
Hi Helena,
Thanks for the Reply....................
Is it possible to import the data from the .DMP file exported from Server A to another Machine without deleting the previous Data of Server B............. with only new data that are not in the Server B..
Yours,
Roshan
Previous Topic: interview question
Next Topic: Help! DB_BLOCK_SIZE/Import Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 16:38:49 CDT 2024