Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » load 2 files to 1 table with SQL*Loader
load 2 files to 1 table with SQL*Loader [message #73499] Wed, 12 May 2004 05:46 Go to next message
David Villeneuve
I am hoping someone can help me as I have seen absolutely no documentation for my particular contingency.

I have 2 data files that I need to load to 1 table;  the lines of data must be loaded to the same record (but different fields).

I am using Oracle9i on Windows XP and 2000 machines, performing (or trying to) automatic uploads of data using SQL*Loader.

I have a Table called "In_Vitro",  it has 45 field names in total.

DataFile1 contains the first 4 field data values.

DataFile2 contains the remainder of the data fields.

There are 3840 rows per data file (for a small upload) or 38400 rows (for a large upload).

My question is this: is there a way to use SQL*Loader to load the 2 data files, simultaneously, to the same rows of Table "In_Vitro"? (datafile1:row1 AND datafile2:row1--[>]inserted/appended to In_Vitro:row1)

I cannot put the data all in one file.

I would appreciate any assistance that you could offer.

David Villeneuve
Re: load 2 files to 1 table with SQL*Loader [message #73502 is a reply to message #73499] Wed, 12 May 2004 10:41 Go to previous message
croca
Nop. There is no way sqlldr to do that.
But you can merge your both datafiles into one datafile....it is possible to do that in unix machines, i guess there would be something similar to do on windows machines.

Best luck.
try RMV from www.otools.com.ar
Previous Topic: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
Next Topic: Recovery from the DataFile after the Tablespace got deleted from the Enterprise Manager
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 16:32:40 CDT 2024