Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Installing 10g CRS with mismatched adapter names
Installing 10g CRS with mismatched adapter names [message #74903] Thu, 08 July 2004 15:19 Go to next message
Peter Farrell
I am trying to install 10g CRS on two nodes where the adapter names are mismatched. I.e. node A has en0 as the public interface and en1 as the private interface while node B has en1 as public and en2 as private.

CRS installs but oifcfg shows a "broken" definition, e.g.
en0 9.190.207.0 global
when installed from node A (and en1 global, etc, when installed from node B)

I can "fix" this by defining explicit "public" node interfaces on each node using oifcfg, e.g.

en0 9.190.207.0 h70 public
en1 9.190.207.0 s80 public

BUT when I install the database component, DBCA does not think I have a cluster.

Q: Is installation on mismatched adapter names supported and if so, how do I do this?
Re: Installing 10g CRS with mismatched adapter names [message #110440 is a reply to message #74903] Mon, 07 March 2005 10:57 Go to previous message
sdesilets
Peter,
This is something I found in the installation and configuration guide during my install of RAC 10g on Linux. I think they definitely need to be the same interface name on all nodes.
-Scott

One private internet protocol (IP) address for each node to serve as the private
interconnect. This IP address must be separate from the public network and it
must have the same interface name on every node that is part of your cluster.

One public IP address for each node to serve as the Virtual IP address for client
connections and for connection failover. This is in addition to the operating-system
managed public host IP address that is already assigned to the node by the
operating system. This public Virtual IP must be associated with the same
interface name on every node that is part of your cluster. In addition, the IP
addresses that you use for all of the nodes that are part of a cluster must be from
the same subnet.
Previous Topic: Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 with storage
Next Topic: Partitions in RAC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:23:55 CDT 2024