Home » Server Options » Replication » Want to generate support for 80 GB Data
Want to generate support for 80 GB Data [message #75208] Wed, 10 July 2002 03:47 Go to next message
Syed Wajahat Ali
Hi!

I have scenario that I want to replicate the bulk of data of about 80 Gb, having images in it.

I want to replicate the data in multiaster environent.

But the problem is that the generation of support takes along time during which the Status of the group remains quisced. But I cannot affoard this as on the master definition site the Data entry is going on .

Please tell me the solution that I can generate the support in an night.
Re: Want to generate support for 80 GB Data [message #75225 is a reply to message #75208] Thu, 25 July 2002 07:26 Go to previous message
David Simpson
Syed,
I hope that you are not trying to actually copy the 80Gb of data using replication. The way to do this is to export the data from the master def site using the Oracle export utility. Ftp the file in binary mode to the destination server. Import the data. Then start generating replication support.
For 80 tables, I have found that it takes about 30 minutes to setup the tables and generate replication support. The following link is an example of a script which generates replication support. The notes at the top are important - don't generate replication support for all of the tables at once. Just do a few tables at a time in order to be successful.

Previous Topic: Enabling/Disabling Snapshots
Next Topic: Multi site data replication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:37:54 CDT 2024