Home » Server Options » Replication » Oracle Replication
Oracle Replication [message #75295] Tue, 03 December 2002 08:00 Go to next message
Cristovão Bento
Hi there i have several questions that i would like to find an answer to.

The scenario that have is: Two Master Sites (MS1 and MS2). All the tables are within a Master Group called MG. There is also Link's Between the 2 Master sites connecting them and enabling an Asynchronous Replication. I have one application that performs Mass Inserts into the MS1, these operations are replicated to the MS2.

First i would like to know what are the physical limits for the Oracle Replication Queues?. I mean if the MS2 cant be reached how long would MS1 keep the information to be replicated? and would it be sent when MS2 cames up?

What about SQL instructions like "RENAME, DROP, CREATE, TABLE..." how can i replicate these?

Also i would like to know if oracle has any kind of funcionality that permits us to compare two databases. For example, if i had an error while replicating instructions to the MS2. I could do an Audit to MS1 and MS2 and check the diferences and make the corrections. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Cristóvão Bento
Re: Oracle Replication [message #75316 is a reply to message #75295] Wed, 05 February 2003 05:16 Go to previous message
Nester
Hi,
I have the same doubts.If you managed to find the answersto these questions,could you please let me know
Regards
Nester
Previous Topic: transfering blob data
Next Topic: Difference between Advanced Replication and 9iLite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:49:45 CDT 2024