Home » Server Options » Replication » Hybrid Oracle replication using RepGen?
Hybrid Oracle replication using RepGen? [message #75385] Wed, 23 July 2003 23:40
Fawad
I need to configure two Oracle databases with a combination of multi-master and snapshot replication using the RepGen tool.. and would appreciate any advice.

Here are the details:
* I have two sites: site_1 and site_2

* site_1 is the master definition site with 2 tables: table_A and table_B

* I need to replicate a "read-only snapshot" of table_A from site_1 to site_2. This snapshot should be refreshed in a "near real-time" fashion.

* I need to create bi-directional replica of table_B on site_2 (i.e. data updates on site_2 must be propagated to site_1 and vice versa). This must be done once a day so I can use asynchronous replication here.

* Essentially I need two replication groups with different replication configurations.

Questions
a) What is the recommended option for replicating table_A? Should I use synchronous read-only replication or asynchronous? I need provide high availability on site_B even when site_A is offline.

b) RepGen produces mult-master asynchronous replication by default (refresh interval = 1 min). How do I use the RepGen tool to produce "synchronous read-only snapshots" instead? Which files and what attributes do I need to edit?
Previous Topic: materialized view refresh
Next Topic: Want good example for Oracle to Oracle Replication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:29:24 CDT 2024