Home » Server Options » Replication » Database link not active(It's Urgent)
Database link not active(It's Urgent) [message #75421] Tue, 02 December 2003 02:02 Go to next message
Reema
Hi All,
I am using OEM and there is a already created database link by the name LINK_TO_EMPLOY_EXIHQ_APPUSER6.US.ORACLE.COM
When I try to test this database link it gives me the message "database link not active" Where do i view the status of the database link and how can I successfully make it active and run my snapshots.Global_names parameter in init.ora is set to true.
I have tried to delete the existing database link and create a new link. the SQL generated for the same is
CREATE DATABASE LINK "LINK_TO_EMPLOY_EXIHQ_APPUSER6" CONNECT
TO "APPUSER6" IDENTIFIED BY "appuser6" USING 'ORACLE1_192.168.52.153'
The connection string "oracle1_192.168.52.153" is correct I have tested it at the command prompt.
and it gives the message database link created successfully.But when I click on test in OEM. KIt gives the message "Database Link not active"
Earlier replies will be appreciated.
Thanks and Regards
Reema Gupta
Re: Database link not active(It's Urgent) [message #75429 is a reply to message #75421] Mon, 15 December 2003 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

Ensure you connect (via OEM) to the user that owns the DB Link (probably REPADMIN). If you still get this problem, do a
SELECT * FROM GLOBAL_NAME@LINK_TO_EMPLOY_EXIHQ_APPUSER6
and post your result here.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Database link not active(It's Urgent) [message #75456 is a reply to message #75429] Fri, 06 February 2004 08:49 Go to previous message
Jimmy Williams
When creating a database link between two oracle databases…If the database names for both database are the same the global_name can be set to true..If the databases have different name set the global_name on both machines the false…The will allow the
Link to be active…
Previous Topic: Advanced Replication Refresh Problem
Next Topic: How to replicate offline remote DB's to central DB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:51:35 CDT 2024