Home » Server Options » Replication » Replication Vs Constraints
Replication Vs Constraints [message #75435] Mon, 29 December 2003 03:37 Go to next message
Wendry
Hi,

I'd like to ask about setting up Replication environment without having to make primary key for the replicas since not all my tables have primary key, Is it possible? considering I want to make updatable replica for both multimaster and master snapshot environment. Also how about triggers, and other constraints are they automatically applied to the replicas? Thank you in advance.
Re: Replication Vs Constraints [message #75452 is a reply to message #75435] Fri, 30 January 2004 13:56 Go to previous message
ilver
Hi,

Replication is for data, not database definitions.
Based on your datamodel you have to decide the replication granularity, i.e. setting up sufficiant replication definitions/jobs to move the data.
I think you have to be carefull if you have triggers to enforce db-constraints. Suppose you feed db1 whith some data and the triggers in db1 execute some job(s), then the data are replicated to db2... -will it then make sense to execute these triggers again - that is how i suggest you decide the replication granularity.
/ilver
Previous Topic: Advanced Queing
Next Topic: Updatable Snapshots on a complex view, and not on a table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:14:40 CDT 2024