Home » Server Options » Replication » Simple Replication Help Needed
Simple Replication Help Needed [message #75579] Thu, 25 November 2004 00:10 Go to next message
Ponka
Guys,

I have to allow a manager to view some information sitting back home. I have decided to let him get connected through Dialup and to avoid Internet connection.

I will dedicate a seperate server for this as the user will connect to that server from home.This will add another security layer as well as provide scalibility for future.

I have to create materialized view so that the manager will connect to the replicated database server through dialup which will only contain the materialized view.

I came across alot of documentation regarding simple replication. Can anyone please guide me how to implement it ?????

Thanking you in advance
icon11.gif  Re: Simple Replication Help Needed [message #112924 is a reply to message #75579] Tue, 29 March 2005 22:12 Go to previous message
tarun123v

There is no such thing Called as simple Replication
it is instead called as Basic Read-only Replication
I think you haven't read the documentation of Oracle Replication
8.0 (it comes with oracle)
in that 1st chapter is dedicated for theory(for both Basic and Advanced Replication concepts) and the 2nd chapter's explains step by procedure to implement Basic Replication

I will be Sending some Documentation Regarding this concept
just check out completly especially the implementation part
Previous Topic: Database Link Issue
Next Topic: Lock in MV while regenerating?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:52:05 CDT 2024