Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » get Image into oracle
get Image into oracle [message #75911] Sun, 03 March 2002 00:26 Go to next message
teety
In my project, I have large amount of image data. They are static and do not need cocurrency control. So I can choose either BLOB or BFILE to store the data. I understand that BFILE requires less log and reduces the work of backup.
My question is, which type of storage has better performance? By perfromance, I mean the performance of a query asking to return an image file.

Thanks.
Re: get Image into oracle [message #75912 is a reply to message #75911] Tue, 05 March 2002 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravi Vide
It is better to use bfiles, if u r storing static data.
and use blobs if ur content is dynamically uploaded.(ofcourse u know it..) But my personal opinion is blobs are a little bit faster than bfiles, if we tune the database well. (it is only my personal opinion.. dont beleive me)
improve ur knowledge at..
http://www.akadia.com/services/ora_blob.html
Re: get Image into oracle [message #76021 is a reply to message #75911] Sun, 26 January 2003 09:45 Go to previous message
tejeswar
hi i am web developer i want to store pictures into oracel database and retrive them
Previous Topic: How to ignore case in CLOB search?
Next Topic: Re: ORA 00020 urgent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:03:18 CDT 2024