Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Oracle 9iAS windows installation problem (problem with DNS Name)
Oracle 9iAS windows installation problem (problem with DNS Name) [message #76547] Wed, 27 November 2002 10:52 Go to next message
Ragavan
Hello All
When I try to install Oracle 9iAS in Windows 2000, I get the following problem. I am using a standalone machine and I have changed my hosts to include the requirements like : 10.200.143.10 MYHOSTNAME myhost and rebooted it. I still get the same problem. Can anyone please help? The following problem occurs when the status bar message reads 'Loading products, Setting up Install types' (step 2).

=======================================================
Installation has detected that a fully qualified hostname has not been specified for this host. Oracle 9i Application Server installation requires a default domain name to be specified for each host where it is installed. Please consult your operating system instructions for details on assigning a default domain name. If you are not using a DNS server, then the file C:WINNTSystem32driversetchosts must also include a line of the form:
<IP_ADDRESS> <FULLY_QUALIFIED_HOSTNAME_HOSTNAME> <ALIASES>
After making these changes, please reboot the host and restart the install.
=======================================================
Re: Oracle 9iAS windows installation problem (problem with DNS Name) [message #76561 is a reply to message #76547] Sun, 08 December 2002 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LN
go to my computer/right click- properties..
in general under network id..click properties..and click more...u can see...primary DNS suffix. add some name in that.. for ex..if ur computer name is oracle and primary dns suffix is ellison...your computer name will be ellison.oracle.
thats what the installation was asking.
cheers
reply if u succeed. you should
ln
Re: Oracle 9iAS windows installation problem (problem with DNS Name) [message #76647 is a reply to message #76561] Wed, 05 March 2003 19:21 Go to previous message
Sasha Styles
go to D:WINNTsystem32driversetc and edit the hosts file and make shure that it says <ip> <your.computer.name>

save and re-run setup
Previous Topic: Windows2000 server problem
Next Topic: Keeping session open after transaction ends
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:04:36 CDT 2024