Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Multiple Forms
Multiple Forms [message #77662] Wed, 31 October 2001 13:45 Go to next message
Frank
I'm trying to call a form via 'When button press' trigger. I would like the called form to show the current person_id on the calling form. How do I go about doing this. I'm able to open the called form through 'OPEN_FORM' built-in. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Multiple Forms [message #77663 is a reply to message #77662] Thu, 01 November 2001 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Enno Oost
Hi Frank

There are two possibilities in Forms to pass a value - in your case the person-id - from the calling form towards the called form :
1. Using a Parameter-List
Before calling the form in your WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED-Trigger you can use the build-in-function CREATE_PARAMETER_LIST and then fill this list with the function ADD_PARAMETER. When calling the second form you pass the list. In your called form you must create parameters to get the values of the list. Then you can adress the values with those parameters ( eg. :PARAMETER.PERSON_ID ). For more details refer to the Forms-help.
2. Using a global variable
Create the global variable ( eg. GLOBAL.PERSON_ID ) with the build-in-function DEFAULT_VALUE and set the value ( :GLOBAL.PERSON_ID := ... ). Then you open the second form. In this form you can use the global variable, too. Hint : create the same global variable in the PRE-FORM-Trigger of the called Form using DEFAULT_VALUE. This will not overwrite the passed value, but enables the second form to run "solo" as well.

Hope this helps ... Enno

Re: Multiple Forms [message #77669 is a reply to message #77662] Thu, 01 November 2001 09:16 Go to previous message
Robin
Dear Frank,
Use parameter to pass value from form to form, I think ur problem will be solved.

Thanks
Robin

Previous Topic: Form Caution
Next Topic: How can i prevent users from accessing the form?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:13:54 CDT 2024