Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » query
query [message #77762] Tue, 13 November 2001 12:19 Go to next message
Ken
I am having problems with the query button that forms automattically creates. Basically I want to enter in a user_id and a date (which are part of one block) and get all detail records that have the same user_id and date. I have set up the second block to be all the detail records with a master/detail relationship created. The relationship uses the user_id, while in the detail block properties under the where clause there is a link for the date. The user_id is the primary key for the master block and the foriegn key in the detail block. When I enter in my query and then try to execute it, it just wipes all the fields and puts me back to normal mode.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: query [message #77764 is a reply to message #77762] Wed, 14 November 2001 03:49 Go to previous message
Shilpa
Take out the master detail relationship and add the user_id in the where clause of the detail block along with the date and try executing the query.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: Help with the "Required" property of an item
Next Topic: How to avoid inserting duplicate sequence no's, skipping no's for an updateable sequence field.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:26:49 CDT 2024