Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Execute_Query Not working!!!!
Execute_Query Not working!!!! [message #77892] Mon, 10 December 2001 07:30 Go to next message
Surendra K
Hi Folks,

I have a table named XYZ. This has got a primary key with 2 columns namely A1 and B1 and

other columns. A1 is also a PK from a master table A and B1 is also a PK from a master

table B.

I have a database block based on the table XYZ. I made column A1 and B1 as list items and

these are used for selection criteria.

In When-New-Block_instance trigger of XYZ i populated A1 whihc is picking records from table

A and coded Enter_Query. In When-List-Changed trigger of A1 i populated B1 which is picking

records from table B and in When-List-Changed trigger of B1 i coded Execute_Query. The list

items are getting populated but Execute_Query is not working and the records are not

displayed on the screen. The Form still remains in Enter_Query mode. Even after debugging

the control passes Execute_Query but does nothing.

To populate the records i have created record groups for each fields during design time and

given select statment in the property pallete and while populating i have coded the

following:
declare
v_success number;
begin
clear_list('A1');
v_success := populate_group('rg_A1');
if v_success = 0 then
populate_list('A1','rg_A1');
end if;
end;
Can anybody suggest me a solution. Urgent please !!!!!.
Thanks
Suren

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Execute_Query Not working!!!! [message #77902 is a reply to message #77892] Tue, 11 December 2001 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waris
Hi Suren...

Take the values selected thru list item's in global variables

create the dynamic where using set_block_property in the where condition give global variable values.

clear the block

and execute the query..

i hope this will solve ur problem if not do let me know...

Cheers
waris

Re: Execute_Query Not working!!!! [message #77909 is a reply to message #77892] Wed, 12 December 2001 15:06 Go to previous message
Surendra K
Hi waris,

Thankyou my friend.

But actually i found the solution. I was trying to modify the existing form but when i recreated the block it worked.

Very strange but it worked.

Previous Topic: menus problem
Next Topic: Converting ORACLE statement to SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:56:38 CDT 2024