Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » using checkbox values in the where clause
using checkbox values in the where clause [message #77970] Thu, 27 December 2001 08:15 Go to next message
Ramaa
Hello,

I am trying to run a report from form. The forms has checkboxes. I assign a value to the checkbox when it is checked. What I would want to do is when the checkbox is checked, the value in the checkbox should go into the where clause of the SQL statement. I have many checkboxes. So all those which are checked should go into the where clause of the query.
For e.g. if I have ten diseases, I can check more than one disease. The SQL statement should be like:
select patients from patients_table where disease in (disease1, disease2, etc.). disease1, disease2, etc. are the checkboxes checked. I want to pull out the patient details in a Report.

I could pull out the details if only one checkbox is checked. Can anyone tell me how I should do if multiple checkboxes are checked?

Thank You for your help.
Rama.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: using checkbox values in the where clause [message #77971 is a reply to message #77970] Thu, 27 December 2001 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shilpa
In the form check each checkbox for whether it is checked or not.

for eg: The checkboxes are named d1..d10. They have a value Y if checked.

Declare
temp varchar2(2000);
begin

if :control.d1 = 'Y' then
if temp is null then
temp := :control.d1;
else
temp := temp ||','||:control.d1;
end if;
end if;

if :control.d2 = 'Y' then
if temp is null then
else
temp := temp ||','||:control.d2;
end if;
end if;

if :control.d10 = 'Y' then
if temp is null then
else
temp := temp ||','||:control.d10;
end if;
end if;

temp := 'where disease in ('||temp||')';

-- send this temp as a parameter to the report
end;

In the report:
create a parameter named temp of varchar2(2000)

Query:
select patients from patients_table||:temp;

Re: using checkbox values in the where clause [message #78011 is a reply to message #77970] Thu, 03 January 2002 13:29 Go to previous message
Ramaa
Thank You Shilpa. It worked when I checked more than one checkbox and was able to query with the values checked in the checkbox in the where clause.

Previous Topic: Re: free material for oracle and developer2000
Next Topic: working on 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:48:40 CDT 2024