Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Disable first field in form
Disable first field in form [message #78100] Thu, 17 January 2002 05:44 Go to next message
Aaron Reynaldos
I need to block an item for user modification under certain conditions. When I use INSERT_ALLOWED for a new record, it still allows modifications.

Then I tried to set ENABLED to No, and works ok, but when I clear the form or insert a new record (I need the item to be editable then) I get the error message

FRM-41316: Cannot set Insert Allowed property of disabled item

What is the workaround for this problem?

TIA,

Aaron
Re: Disable first field in form [message #78101 is a reply to message #78100] Thu, 17 January 2002 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shilpa
If you don't want users to enter in a field

set the insert allowed property to false.
set the update allowed property to false.
Re: Disable first field in form [message #78111 is a reply to message #78100] Fri, 18 January 2002 06:17 Go to previous message
Aaron Reynaldos
Thanks a lot Shilpa. I got around the problem with another workaround, very similar to the one you mentioned. If I change the properties with the code you suggest, the properties for the item in the current record are changed, and I need to keep it blocked from modifications. Your advice helped me see a solution, so thanks a lot.

I am a newbie in forms, but I have developed in various other tools. What seems to be the issue is that when you create a new record (either by adding one or by clearing the form), this record gets the same item properties that the previous one, not the ones that are defined in the form.

Am I correct? Is there a workaround if so?
Previous Topic: Problem with SELECT UNION.
Next Topic: Urgent!! problem while generating reports from form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:54:26 CDT 2024