Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » prob in record group poplist select
prob in record group poplist select [message #79030] Mon, 15 April 2002 22:18 Go to next message
annu
hello Dear experts.

I have a problem in making record group poplist select.. .which is just like ..

rg_id2 :=create_group_from_query ( rg_name2,'select a.item_name||b.book_no||b.qlty_no,b.item_code into :packinglist_master.item_code from item_master a, contract_detail b WHERE B.ITEM_CODE=A.ITEM_CODE');

it gives me reslt but all are concatinated and un easy to understand ...
my first requrment is i want to use any Separator in b/w these concatinating fields like '-','|' .. i do lot of tries but i cant get any Solution. Because all the select is already packed in quoted signs and submitt as a string .. so i think there is i make a mistake ... tell me how to do this ...
and my second question is just u see that i want to insert b.item_code into :packinglist_master.item_code as same i want that b.book_no||b.qlty_no also insert some other form feild is it possiable ...
Can Sombody help me out of this prob ... that would be highly appreciatable

Annu
Re: prob in record group poplist select [message #79034 is a reply to message #79030] Tue, 16 April 2002 09:18 Go to previous message
Tyler
First answer is that between concatination operator's you just have to add an extra quote because your already in quotes...

rg_id2 :=create_group_from_query ( rg_name2,'select a.item_name||'',''||b.book_no||'',''||b.qlty_no,b.item_code into :packinglist_master.item_code from item_master a, contract_detail b WHERE B.ITEM_CODE=A.ITEM_CODE');

Unfortunately, I don't really understand what your trying to do in the second question.

T
Previous Topic: Multiple Developer Versions to the same DB (8i)
Next Topic: How to solve system hang when we make SQL statement on a Locked Record in Forms?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:16:09 CDT 2024