Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » Designer 9i to Oracle 8i
Designer 9i to Oracle 8i [message #80164] Sat, 17 August 2002 04:22 Go to next message
Gabriel
I am trying to use designer 9i with an oracle database 8i. I was able to succesfully install designer 9i on my windows 2000 PC. I have an oracle 8i database on a linux box. When creating the repository I am getting this error message.

Connected to: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.1 - Production
With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.1 - Production

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 942 encountered
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
IMP-00023: Import views not installed, please notify your DBA
IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

The message come when the "imp" utility connects to the database. Does anybody knows how can I create the missing views. I read some messages suggesting to run the "catexp.sql" file. I did it but still getting the same error. I was also able to import the file from the 8i imp utility on the linux side, however when I restart the repository creation from the windows side, the two tables created from the import are dropped and the process fails again. The first dmp file that starts the process is ckprereqWE8ISO8859P1.dmp

Thanks
Re: Designer 9i to Oracle 8i [message #80577 is a reply to message #80164] Wed, 16 October 2002 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscar Picasso
Hi,

I read your post on the Oracle FAQ. I tried to do the same thing and got exactly the same error. Did you find a solution?

Thanks

Oscar

> Your post

I am trying to use designer 9i with an oracle database 8i. I was able to succesfully install designer 9i on my windows 2000 PC. I have an oracle 8i database on a linux box. When creating the repository I am getting this error message.

Connected to: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.1 - Production
With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.1 - Production

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 942 encountered
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
IMP-00023: Import views not installed, please notify your DBA
IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

The message come when the "imp" utility connects to the database. Does anybody knows how can I create the missing views. I read some messages suggesting to run the "catexp.sql" file. I did it but still getting the same error. I was also able to import the file from the 8i imp utility on the linux side, however when I restart the repository creation from the windows side, the two tables created from the import are dropped and the process fails again. The first dmp file that starts the process is ckprereqWE8ISO8859P1.dmp

Thanks
Re: Designer 9i to Oracle 8i [message #80692 is a reply to message #80164] Fri, 01 November 2002 09:22 Go to previous message
Frank Tollenaar
> I am trying to use designer 9i with an oracle database
>8i. I was able to succesfully install designer 9i on my
>windows 2000 PC. I have an oracle 8i database on a
>linux box. When creating the repository I am getting
>this error message.
>
>IMP-00003: ORACLE error 942 encountered
>ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
>IMP-00023: Import views not installed, please notify
>your DBA
>IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

>The message come when the "imp" utility connects to the
>database.

>Thanks

You have to use the 8i version of the IMP utility.
My db also runs on a w2k machine, so i have the imp-utility available from windows.
In the RAU, click check requirements, parameters and look for import location and export location. Enter the 8i version of imp and exp

Good luck,
Frank
Previous Topic: NEW Oracle ERD tool, free trial version
Next Topic: database design
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:29:22 CDT 2024