Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » get specific values in reports
get specific values in reports [message #88059] Fri, 01 February 2002 06:24 Go to next message
kmsav
I need help with report design. I have a report that uses a repeating frame to enter values from TABLEx. The problem that I run into is that the users want 5 lines all of the time. So, if TABLEx has 3 values, 2 blank lines should follow after it. If there are 5 values in TABLEx, it should just have the 5 values filled into the lines.
so it would look like this:

DAVIS
JONES
ANDERSON
________
________

or

DAVIS
JONES
ANDERSON
PAULSON
GEORGE

Any ideas?
Re: get specific values in reports [message #88060 is a reply to message #88059] Fri, 01 February 2002 12:37 Go to previous message
sokeh
are you trying to find out how to add blank lines (_____) or how to return only 5 rows?
If it is about replacing blanks with lines, you can do it two ways.
1, by using nvl(column_name,'______'); or
2, by going to the property pallette and under 'Valued if null', enter blank line ______
and it should do it.
If it is about restricting it to only 5 rows, then write a sql and use the rownum pseudo code to restrict rows returned to 5.
I am sure someone might know another, perhaps better way. These have worked for me in the past.
Previous Topic: Re: Display/print blank if the value is Zero in Report
Next Topic: Dr. Watson won't start? Help?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:07:12 CDT 2024