Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Parameter input changes report main heading
Parameter input changes report main heading [message #88558] Fri, 15 November 2002 10:43 Go to next message
George B
I have a parameter that a user chooses and populates the break header. Based on the selection, the main report heading would change.

Example, parameter is "Remove cleared checks". this will populate the Group heading as : Report Type : Remove Cleared Checks".

Now based on that selection, the main Report Heading would now read : Cleared Checks Transaction Report.

Any advise is much appreciated.
Re: Parameter input changes report main heading [message #88562 is a reply to message #88558] Mon, 18 November 2002 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
F. Tollenaar
Use placeholders:

in your parameter form you fill a user-parameter called u_parameter

you create a text-box for you header, containing & < var_header > (without the spaces, they're needed for the text to be posted right)
create an after-parameter-form trigger:

function AfterPForm return boolean is
begin
  select decode(:u_parameter, '1', 'One', '2', 'Two') into :var_header from dual;
  return (TRUE);
end;

Thus: & < parameter_name > in a text will be replaced by the value of that parameter.

hth
Frank
Re: Parameter input changes report main heading [message #88564 is a reply to message #88558] Mon, 18 November 2002 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
George B
sorry Frank, but a newbie here and self-learning..

So I created a P_ReportHeader under user_paramter in the object navigator (report builder). Created a field in the Header called F_ReportHeader and the source is P_ReportHeader..

Where and how do I create the after-parameter form trigger...

Thanks for your help
Re: Parameter input changes report main heading [message #88587 is a reply to message #88558] Tue, 26 November 2002 16:14 Go to previous message
George B
Thanks to all...got everything to work now....my problem was that my date was in character format..dumb..huh
Previous Topic: Summary Report using group by
Next Topic: How to fetch Logical Page Number into Variable?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:34:33 CDT 2024