Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » To print Arabic Numer instead of English in the Report Generation
To print Arabic Numer instead of English in the Report Generation [message #88977] Tue, 15 July 2003 06:43 Go to next message
Rahman
How can I change the Fonts of Number field in the REPORT from “M-S- San Serif” to “Arabic Transparent” so that value would be printed in Arabic instead of English NUMBER.
But value of the Column in the table inserted as ENGLISH DIGITs. I want to generate a report which will display some (Number) fields in Arabic & some in English Number.
Please reply Soon
Re: To print Arabic Numer instead of English in the Report Generation [message #89497 is a reply to message #88977] Sun, 25 April 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maz
Changing the font in the report to 'Arabic Transparent' will produce arabic characters only if it is stored in the tables as arabic character.
Otherwise, you can use the DECODE function to transform from normal character to arabic

Mazhar
Re: To print Arabic Numer instead of English in the Report Generation [message #89503 is a reply to message #89497] Mon, 26 April 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rahman
Salam
Mr. Mazhar,
Thank you so much for your answer, i m trying it using DECODE.
in my table alpha.char is stored in english & arabic but numeric in english becouse some times we need to display numeric (figures) in english as well as in arabic, so your suggestion is applicable.

Is anyother way to solve this?
please guide
Jazakallahu khair
Rahman
Re: To print Arabic Numer instead of English in the Report Generation [message #89504 is a reply to message #89497] Mon, 26 April 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mazhar
Try the following also, if you are working on windows :
Open Regional Options in the Control Panel
and in the General tab change your locale to
Arabic (Saudi Arabia). You may configure the system to switch between multiple languages.

Massalam,
Mazhar
Re: To print Arabic Numer instead of English in the Report Generation [message #172078 is a reply to message #89497] Sun, 14 May 2006 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amena
how can we use decode
Re: To print Arabic Numer instead of English in the Report Generation [message #172314 is a reply to message #89504] Tue, 16 May 2006 00:19 Go to previous message
amena
dear i am stuck in a similar problem , i can write arabic in form
but when i query the form it display the ###### in form and
in sql plus ??????
my database is character set is AR8ISO8859P6 ,
Thanks in advance
Previous Topic: workbook 'Show SQL' and workbook give different results
Next Topic: not give right result rollup functin in report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 02:59:32 CDT 2024