Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » email reports
email reports [message #89011] Mon, 28 July 2003 13:05 Go to next message
ron
I am trying to develop an oracle report to be sent to an email address...I got this part accomplished..Next, I need to dynamically alter the "subject" line of the email, based on the input parameters to the report...Can anybody tell me how this can be done?? Thanks in advance..
Ron
Re: email reports [message #89026 is a reply to message #89011] Mon, 04 August 2003 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Kane
How did you accomplish the email? That will affect the answer.
Re: email reports [message #89030 is a reply to message #89026] Mon, 04 August 2003 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ron
Mark,
I have the report defined in Report Builder..I am calling the report from my form using the 'RUN_PRODUCT'
function..Within the report builder, I have defined the following Initial Values for the DESTYPE and DESFORMAT System Parameters: "DESTYPE Initial Value = Mail" and "DESFORMAT Initial Value = pdf"..

When I run the form, and click the push button for the report, it brings up the report as a .pdf attachment file in my Lotus Notes (which is the email application we use here) session..but the subject lines comes out as 'Report Sent from Report Builder'...
This is the line I want to customize..

I will greatly appreciate if you could offer any help..
Thanks
Ron..
Re: email reports [message #89032 is a reply to message #89030] Mon, 04 August 2003 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Kane
OK,

Here is what I found on metalink:

goal: How to customize the subject of a email sent by reports 6i?
fact: Oracle Developer Reports 6.0.8
fact: MS Windows Generic
fix: In Reports 6i the subject of the email cannot be customized. But there have been several mail enhancements included in Reports 9i.
References: DocID:133807.1 - New Features in 9i Reports / See section 8.
Email Enhancements

Now, for the life of me, I cannot find how to implement this new feature. Can anyone else?

If you are using 6i, then you must create a form to run the report. The form should accept all of the parameters of the report and send the report to a file. The form should then call your email package (utl_smtp or host-sendmail/mailx), passing the header information you want and attaching your report.

If I find out how to change the header information using 9i Reports, I'll post it.

Hope this helps,
Mark
Re: email reports [message #276921 is a reply to message #89032] Fri, 26 October 2007 22:18 Go to previous message
samit_gandhi

Hi,

Have you got the answer of your question or solve the problem?

If yes than send me how to do it as i m also facing the same problem

thx

samit
Previous Topic: miss
Next Topic: BAR Chart Scaling Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 00:32:59 CDT 2024