Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Heavy Data Retrieval Problem while running 9i reports
Heavy Data Retrieval Problem while running 9i reports [message #89385] Sat, 06 March 2004 02:03 Go to next message
fanni
hi

I have developed reports in oreacle 9i reports.

My Reports start taking more and more time as tha data is growing and  some reports even do not open when run for large amount of data (same report runs correctly for little amount of data).

Can any body help me out in this regard

Waiting for some helping aid

Farhan

Re: Heavy Data Retrieval Problem while running 9i reports [message #89399 is a reply to message #89385] Mon, 15 March 2004 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Muzzammil
ASAK,

Mostly the reports will take more time if you put calculations in Layout Model. Keep all the Formulas and Calculation in Data Model Quries and assign it in Layout Model. It will improve the accuricy of Report.

AH,

Syed Muzzammil
Re: Heavy Data Retrieval Problem while running 9i reports [message #89405 is a reply to message #89385] Tue, 16 March 2004 18:33 Go to previous message
Syed Ferhat
Dear Muzzammil,

You need to tune your database inorder to make your report result faster, for that you must create indexes in your report on one or more colunm , and check your query if either it extract the data on same query, or it is recomended that u may use formula or placeholder in your query for some of your information, because if you use in clause or some thing like that , it may cause the progress very much slow time by time.

Thanks
Ferhat Naqvi
Previous Topic: Reports/Discoverer Feedback
Next Topic: insert doc file into report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:34:13 CDT 2024