Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Can someone explain grouping please?
Can someone explain grouping please? [message #89599] Tue, 01 June 2004 06:47 Go to next message
Steve
Hi All -

I would consider myself a novice user of reports (6i).  I have developed a report from a paper form and have laid out my data model, relationships, and queries.  However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to utilize the fields object.  Everytime I try to run a report I get some kind of error that I can't seem to fix.  The most prevalent of these errors is "Referencing below group frequency" which I understand why I get it, I just have no clue how to fix it.  When I am setting up the report using the wizard, what should I be grouping (if anything?) and what should I be displaying as far as fields go?  I don't understand how this prog works and obtains data and no book, online tutorial, or forum has been able to adequately explain it to me.  I've been stuck here since Thursday, so help is needed urgently or I can't go home today!  Thanks!

<steve>
Re: Can someone explain grouping please? [message #89601 is a reply to message #89599] Tue, 01 June 2004 09:57 Go to previous message
Steve
great, thank you!
Previous Topic: to send 2 report to 2 printer with setting
Next Topic: SRW.DO_SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 15:39:33 CDT 2024