Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Migrate Forms/Reports to Java
Migrate Forms/Reports to Java [message #90905] Wed, 28 November 2001 23:26 Go to next message
Simon
Hi,

My company is currently reviewing their existing technology to incorporate Java (particularly EJB).

Currently they use heaps of Oracle Report 6.0 and Oracle Forms 6.0. I know a little of Ent Report Writer and Quadbase Report Writer, but can anyone else recommend or comment on other equivalent products?

Also, does anyone of you know of a way to "migrate" from proprietory PL/SQL used by Oracle Reports or Forms to more open Java standard? Can you recommend me a company or product which does these? Else, what would be a good replacement?

Thank you.

- Simon See

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Migrate Forms/Reports to Java [message #90965 is a reply to message #90905] Thu, 17 January 2002 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gowdhaman
Hai,

My company is having a tool which converts oracle forms to web enabled forms using HTML, Servlet, JavaScript.
You can visit my company home page for more information.
www.kumaran.com
Re: Migrate Forms/Reports to Java [message #91478 is a reply to message #90905] Tue, 01 October 2002 09:44 Go to previous message
Lorissa Dong
CipherSoft has over 25 years experience in the IT market and provides application conversions, application development, consulting, and implementation services that enable its clients to drive organisational performance and to take advantage of true open system technology. CipherSoft operates worldwide maitaining a state of the art conversion facility and headquarters in Calgary, AB, Canada, with offices in the United States and Europe.

CipherSoft Inc. has developed several tools and methodologies that allow data conversions to be performed error free, on time and within budget. Exodus is CipherSoft's newest conversion product that automatically converts existing Oracle Forms and PL/SQL applications to Java based applications or to an Enterprise Java Bean (EJB) environment. The product performs this function with a limited amount of operator intervention. Utilization of this product cuts development costs for the Oracle developer significantly, and has been benchmarked to be 90% faster than manually converting Oracle Forms and PL/SQL and provides an 80% cost reduction for the client. To learn more, and register for a FREE evaluation, please visit www.ciphersoftinc.com.
Previous Topic: Batch Execute of Insert Scripts
Next Topic: Oracle Forms 6i Documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:13:44 CDT 2024