Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Partitioning – Tables & Indexes – Guidance required
Partitioning – Tables & Indexes – Guidance required [message #93001] Fri, 16 August 2002 07:04 Go to next message
Swamy
I have some dimension tables and some large fact tables. After 24 months, I need to archive the data for every 3 months. In all the tables, I have an audit column “CREATED_DATE” and I think portioning the fact tables based on this audit columns helps me for archival purpose. Is this the good idea? In the fact tables, I have several indexes other than for Primary and Foreign keys. Some Indexes are for Unique keys and some are for columns that mostly appear in the Where clauses. If partitioning is OK, then how can I deal partitioning for Indexes? Please guide me and I appreciate in advance for your help.
Re: Partitioning – Tables & Indexes – Guidance required [message #93026 is a reply to message #93001] Mon, 23 September 2002 21:58 Go to previous message
Arvind Holani
Partitioning the fact tables on audit columns is good idea. You can partition the indexes using the "LOCAL" clause as all the indexes might not be using the audit column.
Previous Topic: Re: Pro*c Books
Next Topic: Re: OSA/EXPRESS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:51:49 CDT 2024