Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » infomatica doubts
infomatica doubts [message #93266] Mon, 29 March 2004 20:29 Go to next message
Brijesh
hi,

plz clear my doubts,

somebody told me that 1) unique numbers can be generated using expression transformation instead of sequence generator transformation, but how it can be done?

2) using what transformation , the rows can be converted into columns and how.

with regards

Brijesh
Re: infomatica doubts [message #93271 is a reply to message #93266] Tue, 06 April 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Koteswara Rao
Hi Brijesh,

For the first one
1) You can create a mapping variable inside a mapping and from within a expression you can increase value of this variable using setcountvariable() expression.

2) This one i am not sure but i heard we can achieve that by using Normaliser transformation. I used the normaliser transformation to populate n rows into target for one particular input row.

Cheers
Koteswara Rao
Re: infomatica doubts [message #93272 is a reply to message #93271] Wed, 07 April 2004 20:52 Go to previous message
Brijesh
hi koteshwar,
Thanks for that info man,I have another doubt
* in datamarts while is it necessary to maintain the indexes and in what r all the situations it is efficient,because some one asked me if the loading rate is 40 lakh rows per table and overall it may take some 7 hours to create indexes for all the tables with 20 min for each table is indexing efficient ,in such situations .
plz tell me the situations in which we can use indexing and situations not to go for indexing.
Previous Topic: oracle warehouse builder: Please advice Urgent
Next Topic: Looking for opprotunity for Datawarehouse, OLAP, ETL, in US/UK, Australia
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:42:15 CDT 2024