Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » 11i Vision Database Install
11i Vision Database Install [message #94813] Tue, 26 March 2002 08:37 Go to next message
att
Hello:
I an trying to install only the 11i Vision database (VIS) on an NT 4.0 box and during the install, where the tools are being automatically created, the recreate controlfile portion can not launch. The characterset and listener proceeds without error. What am I supposed to do when the sql prompt comes up? Right now it just hangs. It seems that the database is not being recognized as I do not even have the ability to start many of the services and can not launch svrmgrl from the command line.
Also I have 3 other errors.
DBC File not created
Database availability check fails
JSP not working.
Can someone help with this?
Thank you.
Re: 11i Vision Database Install [message #94815 is a reply to message #94813] Wed, 27 March 2002 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajesh Aialavajjala
Greetings Att,
I see that you're having some trouble with setting up Oracle Applications 11i on Windows NT 4.0. I have a pretty good idea as to where the problem lies as regards your installation, and it would help if you could give me the following details:

(i) Which Release of Applications are you currently installing ? I presume it's 11.5.5 or thereabouts as 11.5.3 does not perform a JSP check

and

(ii) What procedure have you followed for the installation ?

If you could give me this information, I am sure we can sort out everything in short order.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes,
Rajesh Aialavajjala
Oracle Applications DBA
Tel : 732 635 0060
Re: 11i Vision Database Install [message #94875 is a reply to message #94813] Tue, 14 May 2002 03:55 Go to previous message
kuen lu
Hi, Rajesh,
I tried to get our 2nd 11i vision (sol 2.8) up but failed for a few times. The installation went through all checks (including jsk1.3.1), but did not truley read the 1st cd (after RedCD). I've verified logicals such as DISPLAY, PLATFORM.. have been properly set. Please help. Should there is a fee involved, please advise. Thanks a lot. Kuen
Previous Topic: ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed
Next Topic: HELP on deciding which oracle track to take.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:09:17 CDT 2024