Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » 9iAS: Single Sign-On for Oracle Portal
9iAS: Single Sign-On for Oracle Portal [message #95567] Mon, 01 March 2004 16:48
Eric G.
I would like to hear from companies and firms who use Oracle Portal on a 9iAS to provide web-cached Discoverer 9i workbooks of 11i Apps data to users. We're on 11.5.8 with RDBMS 8.1.7.4. We thought, foolishly perhaps, that we could use Oracle Portal on a 9iAS to have 11.5.8 users log into the Portal with their 11.5.8 ID & password and then access web-cached Discoverer 9i workbooks. These workbooks have a long query time when run in Discoverer Desktop 9i or Viewer 9i, perhaps 5 to 8 minutes. We had hoped to schedule the caching of these workbooks in Viewer 9i on regular intervals, perhaps monthly, using one 11.5.8 Apps ID or one Portal ID, then allow others to access those web-cached workbooks by logging into Portal using just their 11.5.8 Apps ID. My developer is now finding that all of this is not possible.

If you have this type of architecture running in your environment, please tell me about it. And then I can ask a follow-up question: If a user can log into Oralce Portal with his/her 11.5.8 Apps ID and access web-cached 9i workbooks that were cached under another's Apps ID, or perhaps a Portal ID, then can the user refresh the worksheet from the 9i Viewer functionality utilizing the Apps ID user / responsibility security set up in Discoverer Admin?
Previous Topic: How to Optimize Upgrades and Patching
Next Topic: Training for Oracle Applications
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:31:38 CDT 2024