Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Java Runtime Environment not found
Java Runtime Environment not found [message #97168] Wed, 02 January 2002 00:40 Go to next message
James McElhone
When attempting to ./runInstall on Red Hat 7.2 the following Runtime error occurs:

"The RunTime Environment was not found at B/bin/jre"

and the oracle universal installer cannot be run.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Java Runtime Environment not found [message #97201 is a reply to message #97168] Tue, 15 January 2002 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajesh Aialavajjala
Greetings James !!!
For a start, you have omitted to mention the Release of Oracle that you are attempting to install on Red Hat Linux 7.2. Releases 8.1.x were never certified for this Release of Red Hat. You may be using 9.0.1 in which case, you can ignore what I just mentioned.

You should download the Java Runtime Environment
from Blackdown.org. Get the file jre118_v3-glibc-2.1.3.tar.bz2.

Unzip the same (bunzip2) and extract it (tar -xvf) into /usr/local on your system. Then create a link to the same as the Oracle Universal Installer expects to find it at /usr/local/java

$ ln -s /usr/local/jre118_v3 /usr/local/java

Proceed with your installation as usual. This should take care of the problem that you had mentioned. Lastly do not forget to add the directory /usr/local/java/bin to your PATH environment variable.

Hope this information helps.

Best Wishes,
Rajesh Aialavajjala
Re: Java Runtime Environment not found [message #97243 is a reply to message #97201] Fri, 01 February 2002 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James
Rajesh

Cheers for the the help, managed to get it installed now!!

Regards

James
Re: Java Runtime Environment not found [message #97745 is a reply to message #97168] Sat, 14 December 2002 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gautam suryawanshi
please send mi more infomation about JRE 1.1.2 ..or higher version & send me the free download version of it...else sent mi the address of sites where i will get the free download JRE version.....

Thank you...
Re: Java Runtime Environment not found [message #97811 is a reply to message #97168] Wed, 12 February 2003 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khaled Negm
When attempting to install Oracle Oracle_9i_Server_Intel the following Runtime error occurs :"The RunTime Environment was not found at bin/javaw.exe" hence the Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run, then I installed JRE version 1.3.1 is notheng change.
Note Ihave Windows 2000 .
Does anyone have any ideas of how to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Khaled
Re: Java Runtime Environment not found [message #98115 is a reply to message #97201] Sat, 06 March 2004 08:14 Go to previous message
Baris Ozbey
I have the same problem being mentined here. I am trying to install Oracle 9i R2 on a SuSE 9 system. when I try to start the installer, I receive the error message:
The Java Runtime Environment was not found at E/bin/java.

I tried to solve the problem like you have explained here.

My $PATH variable has /usr/lib/java/bin

and I have java installed on my machine. But I did not download the one from blackdown.org. Is it very important to install the one from the blackdown.org?

I am not an experienced user on linux but the path e/bin/java sounds very veird to me. Am I doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance
Best Wishes
Baris Ozbey
Previous Topic: Deleting files from /var/tmp
Next Topic: Storage layout for IBM AIX and ESS SAN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:53:09 CDT 2024