Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Oracle 8.1.7 Installation- Linking Error on Solaris 8
Oracle 8.1.7 Installation- Linking Error on Solaris 8 [message #97361] Wed, 27 March 2002 10:12 Go to next message
Paul Antony
Hi
I'm installing oracle 8.1.7 on sun solaris 2.8 (8). I'm getting a linking error half way (Actually after 100% copying files). This did not happen the first time I did the oracle installation. Its not able to link some files during installation. I'm using oracle universal installer for the installation. There is plenty of disk space as its a new installation and nothing else is installed. Following is all the installation info.

Mount points are /u01 for the application, /u02 for the database
A user 'oracle' has been created. Primary group 'oinstall', secondary group 'dba'
Groups 'osdba' and 'osoper' are also created. User 'oracle' has full read/write/execute access to the mountpoints.

During installation it prompts for the script 'orainstRoot.sh' to create the files in /var/opt/oracle and its all fine.

I'm planning to have just 1 database now. So following values are set for

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=200 (I changed this to 300. I don't know if that is good or not. )
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=100
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767

Also all the following points to /usr/ccs/bin directory as specified in the oracle solaris 8.1.7 installation manual. Actually 'which ld' did not point to /usr/ccs/bin, so i copied that file to /usr/ccs/bin. I'm not sure if that was ok.
$ /usr/bin/which make
$ /usr/bin/which ar
$ /usr/bin/which ld
$ /usr/bin/which nm
Each command points to the /usr/ccs/bin directory.

Umask for user 'oracle' is 022

The sid and database is both 'sunora'.

Following is the environment info for user 'oracle'. I'm doing this installation on the solaris system console itself.

DISPLAY=:0.0
DTAPPSEARCHPATH=/user/home/oracle/.dt/appmanager:/etc/dt/appconfig/appmanager/%L:/etc/dt/appconfig/appmanager/C:/usr/dt/appconfig/appmanager/%L:/usr/dt/appconfig/appmanager/C
DTDATABASESEARCHPATH=/user/home/oracle/.dt/types,/etc/dt/appconfig/types/%L,/etc/dt/appconfig/types/C,/usr/dt/appconfig/types/%L,/usr/dt/appconfig/types/C
DTHELPSEARCHPATH=/user/home/oracle/.dt/help/oracle-athena-0/%H:/user/home/oracle/.dt/help/oracle-athena-0/%H.sdl:/user/home/oracle/.dt/help/oracle-athena-0/%H.hv:/user/home/oracle/.dt/help/%H:/user/home/oracle/.dt/help/%H.sdl:/user/home/oracle/.dt/help/%H.hv:/etc/dt/appconfig/help/%L/%H:/etc/dt/appconfig/help/%L/%H.sdl:/etc/dt/appconfig/help/%L/%H.hv:/usr/dt/appconfig/help/%L/%H:/usr/dt/appconfig/help/%L/%H.sdl:/usr/dt/appconfig/help/%L/%H.hv:/usr/dt/appconfig/help/C/%H:/usr/dt/appconfig/help/C/%H.sdl:/usr/dt/appconfig/help/C/%H.hv
DTSCREENSAVERLIST=StartDtscreenSwarm StartDtscreenQix StartDtscreenFlame StartDtscreenHop StartDtscreenImage StartDtscreenLife StartDtscreenRotor StartDtscreenPyro StartDtscreenWorm StartDtscreenBlank
DTSOURCEPROFILE=true
DTUSERSESSION=oracle-athena-0
DTXSERVERLOCATION=local
EDITOR=/usr/dt/bin/dtpad
HOME=/user/home/oracle
IFS=
LANG=en_US.ISO8859-1
LC_COLLATE=en_US.ISO8859-1
LC_CTYPE=en_US.ISO8859-1
LC_MESSAGES=C
LC_MONETARY=en_US.ISO8859-1
LC_NUMERIC=en_US.ISO8859-1
LC_TIME=en_US.ISO8859-1
LOGNAME=oracle
MAIL=/var/mail/oracle
MAILCHECK=600
MANPATH=/usr/dt/man:/usr/share/man
OPENWINHOME=/usr/openwin
OPTIND=1
ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle
ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/817
ORACLE_SID=sunora
PATH=/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/u01/app/oracle/product/817/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
PS1=$
PS2=>
PWD=/user/home/oracle
SESSION_SVR=athena
SHELL=/bin/sh
TERM=dtterm
TERMINAL_EMULATOR=dtterm
TZ=US/Pacific
USER=oracle
WINDOWID=29360137
XMBINDDIR=/usr/dt/lib/bindings
XMICONBMSEARCHPATH=/user/home/oracle/.dt/icons/%B%M.bm:/user/home/oracle/.dt/icons/%B%M.pm:/user/home/oracle/.dt/icons/%B:/etc/dt/appconfig/icons/%L/%B%M.bm:/etc/dt/appconfig/icons/%L/%B%M.pm:/etc/dt/appconfig/icons/%L/%B:/etc/dt/appconfig/icons/C/%B%M.bm:/etc/dt/appconfig/icons/C/%B%M.pm:/etc/dt/appconfig/icons/C/%B:/usr/dt/appconfig/icons/%L/%B%M.bm:/usr/dt/appconfig/icons/%L/%B%M.pm:/usr/dt/appconfig/icons/%L/%B:/usr/dt/appconfig/icons/C/%B%M.bm:/usr/dt/appconfig/icons/C/%B%M.pm:/usr/dt/appconfig/icons/C/%B
XMICONSEARCHPATH=/user/home/oracle/.dt/icons/%B%M.pm:/user/home/oracle/.dt/icons/%B%M.bm:/user/home/oracle/.dt/icons/%B:/etc/dt/appconfig/icons/%L/%B%M.pm:/etc/dt/appconfig/icons/%L/%B%M.bm:/etc/dt/appconfig/icons/%L/%B:/etc/dt/appconfig/icons/C/%B%M.pm:/etc/dt/appconfig/icons/C/%B%M.bm:/etc/dt/appconfig/icons/C/%B:/usr/dt/appconfig/icons/%L/%B%M.pm:/usr/dt/appconfig/icons/%L/%B%M.bm:/usr/dt/appconfig/icons/%L/%B:/usr/dt/appconfig/icons/C/%B%M.pm:/usr/dt/appconfig/icons/C/%B%M.bm:/usr/dt/appconfig/icons/C/%B
_=/usr/dt/bin/sdt_shell
dtstart_sessionlogfile=/dev/null

Help! Please let me know if you need any more info.

thx
Paul
Re: Oracle 8.1.7 Installation- Linking Error on Solaris 8 [message #97362 is a reply to message #97361] Wed, 27 March 2002 11:25 Go to previous message
Grant
Try renaming /var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc to another name. Delete the $ORACLE_HOME code tree and run the installer again. I would also suggest you change your $PATH so $ORACLE_HOME/bin is first on the list.

You stated that the first install went OK. When you do a second install you have to rename this file (oraInst.loc) or Oracle does strange things. This makes it think it is a fresh install.
Previous Topic: subscribe
Next Topic: CRON Tab: How reliable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:19:16 CDT 2024