Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Oracle 9i (Release 2) on RedHat 7.3
Oracle 9i (Release 2) on RedHat 7.3 [message #97461] Wed, 22 May 2002 06:50 Go to next message
Johnny Hughes
During the install I recieve the error:

Error in invoking target install of makefile /oracle/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/ctx/lib/ins_ctx.mk

I edited the file genclntsh to remove the LD_SELF_CONTAINED line and removed any reference to it throughout the program ... (which worked for 9.01 release 1) ... but it doesn't fix the problem.

So I decided to use the relink script in $ORACLE_HOME/bin to relink all the executables and here is what I get:

'relink interMedia' and 'relink ctx' both fail ... everything else relinks ok.

the error for both interMedia and ctx is as follows:

/lib/libdl.so.2: undefined reference to `_dl_addr@GLIBC_PRIVATE'
/lib/libdl.so.2: undefined reference to `_dl_open@GLIBC_PRIVATE'
/lib/libdl.so.2: undefined reference to `_dl_close@GLIBC_PRIVATE'
/lib/libdl.so.2: undefined reference to `_dl_sym@GLIBC_PRIVATE'
/lib/libdl.so.2: undefined reference to `_dl_vsym@GLIBC_PRIVATE'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

any ideas?

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes
Re: Oracle 9i (Release 2) on RedHat 7.3 [message #97462 is a reply to message #97461] Wed, 22 May 2002 06:54 Go to previous message
Johnny Hughes
In case anyone is interested in the command that produced the error, here is the command for ctx:

gcc -o ctxhx -L/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/ctx/lib/ -L/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/lib/ -L/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/lib/stubs/ /oracle/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/ctx/lib/ctxhx.o -L/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/ctx/lib/ -lm -lsc_ca -lsc_fa -lsc_ex -lsc_da -lsc_ut -lsc_ch -lsc_fi -lctxhx -lc -Wl,-rpath,/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/ctx/lib -lnls9 -lcore9 -lnls9 -lcore9 -lnls9 -lxml9 -lcore9 -lunls9 -lnls9
Previous Topic: Re: oracle on slackware
Next Topic: Re: Userid and Passwords of all the users in the Database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:37:44 CDT 2024