Home » Infrastructure » Unix » New Database Instance Causing Problems
New Database Instance Causing Problems [message #97935] Fri, 27 June 2003 10:17 Go to next message
Michele
Hello Everyone,

I am not a dba but are required to get certain tasks done. I created a new database using the dbca tool on our Solaris box. I basically did a typical install. As soon as this instance is started up, we experience a significant slow down on the box itself. Even accessing software other than oracle could take several minutes for even just a login. Now as soon as I shutdown that instance, the problem goes away and are able to move around with ease. I have 2 other database instances running so I know that those 2 are not causing any problems.
I tried to compare the tablespace structure of the new database instance with my other 2 and the only difference is that the undotbs tablespace has only 25% free while the 2 other instances have around 98% free.
Can this be causing the problem with this instance?
Where should I start to debug first?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Michele
Re: New Database Instance Causing Problems [message #97936 is a reply to message #97935] Fri, 27 June 2003 13:09 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
look into the sga allocated for the new instance.
Moreever, the semaphore settings in /etc/system plays a major role in allocation of resource.
Try to increase the semaphore setttings accordingly.

Previous Topic: percentage of Oracle 9i based packages are running on UNIX Based platforms?
Next Topic: difference betwee cpio and tar commands
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:07:22 CDT 2024