Home » Other » Marketplace » Any hope?
Any hope? [message #104925] Fri, 16 February 2001 12:23 Go to next message
Avery
Hi I have been looking for an entry level Oracle developer job in California for about a month now. I am a recen graduate with a major in MIS. It seems as though the search is impossible. Can anyone give me any hits/help/tips/resources etc... to finding an entry level position? Thank you!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Any hope? [message #104928 is a reply to message #104925] Sun, 18 February 2001 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Alexander
Nobody likes this answer, but it works. Government at all levels is much more open to hiring recent graduates than corporations. The pay is less, but after you get 2-3 years experience, you'll look more attractive to companies.
I think it is a travesty that companies prefer to pay exorbitant rates to consulting companies to furnish people with a year or 2 of experience rather than spend a couple of months training a recent grad, but that's the way it is.

Re: Any hope? [message #104933 is a reply to message #104925] Wed, 21 February 2001 06:45 Go to previous message
Rick
John,
Have you had any success yet? I am entertaining the idea of dropping 3 grand for Oracle DBA cert but I am very concerned that I will not be able to get a job because as usual all seem to want 50 million years of experience.

Any comments appreciated.

Rick

Previous Topic: Re: Where do I begin?
Next Topic: Oracle DBAs Needed in Miami
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:12:45 CDT 2024