Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle 11i
Oracle 11i [message #109417] Thu, 24 February 2005 09:31 Go to next message
venu500ag
Hello Friends,
Could anyone tell me as to what actually Oracle 11i is i.e Modules in it .
I ask this, because, no one till date has given me a clear picture as to what exactly it is.
Thanks in advance to all those who reply.
Re: Oracle 11i [message #109822 is a reply to message #109417] Tue, 01 March 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkjha_apps

Hi Venu,

Oracle 11i is complete e-biz suite which consists of various Core ERP, SCP and CRM Modules. This is completely web enabled product from Oracle that runs on Oracle database. It spans across all business functional areas like HRMS, MFG, Ditribution, Financials, Sales, Business Intelligence, Planning etc. It's difficult to mention all modules name, however if you look various functional area wise, the list would look like as follows:

Financial:
- General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, etc.
MFG (Both Process Mfg and Discrete Mfg):
-- Inventory, Bill of Material, Work in Progress, MRP, SCP, Shop Floor Planning, Costing etc.
Distribution:
-- Inventory, Order Management, Purchasing, Shipping,

this list is just a sample.

Each Module has various functionalities that supports the business process in that area. Like Order management Module provides functionalities like Order Entry, Order Booking, Order Scheduling, Release order lines from warehouse, Shipping etc.

All Modules are well integrated with other modules so as to enable an integrated buiness environment. For example, Order Management is integrated with Inventory and Accounts receivanle so that when goods are shipped, inventory gets depleted and records are sent to Receivable modules so that user can create Invoice..

You can log into www.oracle.com and learn about Oracle Apps 11i.

Hope, this helps.

Regards..
Manish
Re: Oracle 11i [message #150854 is a reply to message #109822] Sun, 11 December 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
venu500ag
Thanks Manish for the reply.
Re: Oracle 11i [message #151891 is a reply to message #109822] Mon, 19 December 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nmasweet
Hi Manish,

I am interested in a new career with Oracle financial but I am not sure on how to go about this.

I have a finance, Accounting and Marketing background. Please any how you can help me with how to go about this, I would appreciate it.

I reside in USA, and I am not sure which training school offers that around Washington DC metropolitian area or anywhere.

Also someone told me about SAP, I am not sure which is better whether Oracle Financial or SAP in terms of what the job market is looking for and which gives more security and of course pays better.

Thanks, any information would be very much appreciated.

Nma

I am not sure if Oracle financial is the same as Oracle 11i
Re: Oracle 11i [message #152913 is a reply to message #109417] Tue, 27 December 2005 20:36 Go to previous message
Sutheesh T
Hi,

Oracle Financials is a part of the ERP that Oracle sells. 11i is the version of the product. So if you are interested to learn Oracle Financials today, you would be learning Oracle 11i Financials.

Oracle Financials - Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. What are the prerequisites for doing the course?
A. Knowledge of concepts of accounting/finance

Q. Is IT/ Computer background essential for doing the course?
A. While undergoing the course this may not be a prerequisite. But the prospective employer would expect his ERP Consultant to have some computer background, and they look for people with techno-commercial skills . One can convince if the person has some basic knowlege of Oracle RDBMS concepts and Developer. However, thorough knowledge of the programming concepts are not required.

Career Prospects:

Q. What would be my future prospects after doing the course?
A. The current trend for the large enterprise is to buy a solution for their operations rather than computerise because it would take time and effort in developing solution. ERP solution would not only ensure that the solution is up and running in very little time and less effort spent in implementing, but also tightly intergrate all related areas like Finance, Inventory, Purchasing, Production & Planning etc. Currently, there are over 5000 sites, world-wide where Oracle ERP solutions are implemented , which has opened large job base for functional experts.

Q. What kind of job will I get after undergoing the course?
A. F unctional consultant, Implementation Consultant, System Maintenance, Sales, Users, trainers etc.

Q. Kinds of Organisations where one could be employed
A. Consulting Organisations, ERP User organisations, Implementation organisations and Vendor organisations. Also cross-ERP employment are very common. A lot of our alumni are today working on other ERP's like SAP, Baan, Peoplesoft etc.. after going through an Oracle course.

Deliverables of the course:

Q. What are the course deliverables?
A. Course material developed by World-wide Education, Instructor, One Terminal for two participants, Certificate of Recognition.

Q. Is 20 days enough?
A. Oracle offers a similar packaging across the 140 countries it operates. The objective of the course is not to make you an expert and no education can you help achieve, no matter what career it is. These 20 days would be sufficient for you to start a career in ERP. Thereafter, your progress depends on the niche areas that you select and excel.

Assistance:

Q. Do you give any placement assistance/guaranty?
A. There is no guarantee from Oracle on this. Direction about how to go about the "job search" can be given, if so desired. However, we have instances of prospective employers asking for our students for recrutiment and all such leads are passed on to the students. A lot of Oracle's alumni are today employed world-wide in senior positions and they are a major source of recruitment for their organisations. Also, today in the light of many small-time institutions having cropped up, organisations prefer to recruit Oracle students, as they are assured of the quality. We have instances of prospective employers seeking Oracle's reference about the candidate before employing him/her. The OCP Certification would also be a credential that would verify your knowledge and expertise in the subject.

Q. Will I get a job immediately after the course?
A. ERP is a good area to seek a career as there are tremendous employment opportunites for people whose career seem to have reached a dead end.

It however does not mean that a prospective employer is waiting to employ you!!!!!

Some of our students get jobs much before they complete the course. However, in normal cases, it could take anywhere between 2-3 months from the date of completion of the course to get a placement. But the job search is a full time effort and requires you to establish a lot of contacts. Our alumni who have sincerely tried from various sources, have managed good placements for themselves and are drawing handsome salaries.

Q. Can I get reference sites I the country which I intend to go, after undertaking my training?
A. Oracle Web sites do have most of these information.

Infrastructure:

Q. What is the infrastructure you have?
A. Clients, with 512 MB RAM and Oracle Applications (Rel 11i) connected through a Global Instance.

Q. Can you throw some light on the faculty background?
A. Our trainers are Engineers/Software professionals with tremendous industry experience behind them with implementation skills.

Alternatives:

Q. Do you have any Authorized Training centre in India for conducting the Applications courses?
A. We have a few Authorised training partners for Oracle Financials in India like ISS Infoway, Calcutta.

Q. Is there any other company which offers the same course?
A. There are a lot of small time, run of the mill institutes which have cropped up, who are seriously damaging the careers of students. Oracle is beginning to take tough stance against these institutes.Oracle does not recommend any of these institutes for the ERP courses and has not recognised any of them.

These are small time training outfits have no proper infrastructure and the trainers have no real-life implementation experience. A course like ERP cannot be taught if the organisation from where you are undertaking the training has not implemented any ERP applications. They will only be reading from the book or just let you go through the product features. They will not have any Implementation modules( bcos they do not have expertise in that area) which is very crucial from your employment point of view. They lure prospective students with tall claims to cover up all this like:

* Unlimited practice time
* Guranteed job placements/100% placements
* Real life projects
* Part time/ week end courses

There have been many instances of people being sent back from the US due to bad quality of the students being churned out by these institutes.

Q. Which cities does Oracle offer these training programs in India?
=> Bangalore,Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Calcutta.

For more details mail me with the following details

1. Contact No( With STD\ ISD code) :
2. Present Location :
3. Course Preffered :
4. Basic Qualification :
5. Work Experience :
6. Mail ID :

Warm Regards
Sutheesh T
Ph (Off): -+ 91-80-51084709
Mobile:- +91-9880662638
Mail : sutheesh_22@yahoo.com, sutheesh_oracle@yahoo.com
Chat: sutheesh_oracle (yahoo)
sutheesht (AOL)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. " - Thomas A Edison

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: Courses in Oracle financials
Next Topic: Oracle Applications Technical/Functional
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 01:01:55 CDT 2024