Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » Problem that users have to login twice
Problem that users have to login twice [message #116937] Wed, 14 November 2001 13:48 Go to next message
S. Doug V
Im in the same boat, trying to have the users use the workgroup instead of the Domain Server, while logging into the Novell Server.
anyone got this working ?
thanks in advance

Doug

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Problem that users have to login twice [message #116963 is a reply to message #116937] Tue, 08 October 2002 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jimmy Cundill
Try this, it may be a bit long winded but it works a treat!

First install the new version of win2k/nt client (4.83) from novell site. No extras needed on install just the standard options. Reboot. When prompted with the new login screen, login as normal with secondary login.

Make sure you have an account which is a member of administraors (i.e. user) and it has a password (v.important) (i.e.pw4user)

go to strat, run then type regedit and press enter.

Edit\Create the following string values in the registry:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultUsername = yourUN i.e. user (must match entry mentioned above)
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultPassword = yourPW i.e. pw4user (must match entry mentioned above)
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\AutoAdminLogon = 1
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\ForceAutoLogon = 1
HKLM\Software\Novell\Login\AutoAdminQueryNDS = 1 Hexidecimal (dword value not string, this will be blue)

Also, make sure there is the following string value:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GinaDLL = NWGINA.DLL

as it may not be present or set as MSGINA.DLL instead.

HKLM = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Exit the registry, and then reboot machine. Secondary (NT) login will appear no longer.
Re: Problem that users have to login twice [message #116987 is a reply to message #116937] Mon, 09 December 2002 20:42 Go to previous message
Seb
help to login
Previous Topic: Re: Problems in Developer 2000 with Oracle 8.
Next Topic: hasbrut? - anonymous net send
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:49:26 CDT 2024