Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Wana display message ' No record found'
Wana display message ' No record found' [message #122374] Mon, 06 June 2005 04:36 Go to next message
Sabeen
Hello,
i want to display message " no record found ' after running report if no record found.
can any one help me. plz send me sample report or guide me through steps.
thanx
Re: Wana display message ' No record found' [message #122618 is a reply to message #122374] Tue, 07 June 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
Dependant on the complexity of the report:

1) Create a summary column in your data model within a group that you want to test if a record was returned (usually you create the summary column in the top-most group of your data model)

2) Change the function from SUM to COUNT and pick a column that you want to test within that group.

3) Create a text item in your report and place it where you want your 'NO DATA FOUND' message to appear. Make this the text of the text item.

4) Code the following PL/SQL statement in the text item's FORMAT TRIGGER:

BEGIN
IF :NAME_OF_SUMMARY_COLUMN_FROM_STEP_1 = 0 THEN
 return (TRUE);
ELSE
 return (FALSE);
END IF;
END;

HTH,
Steve
Re: Wana display message ' No record found' [message #123291 is a reply to message #122618] Sat, 11 June 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karthi

Hi Steve,

This will show after report shows the screen(output). I want to show before it runs.

bye
karthi
Re: Wana display message ' No record found' [message #123439 is a reply to message #122374] Mon, 13 June 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
You're going to need to ask in PL/SQL forum then. This is a Reports solution.
Re: Wana display message ' No record found' [message #123716 is a reply to message #122374] Tue, 14 June 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
Sabeen wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 05:36

Hello,
i want to display message " no record found ' after running report if no record found.
can any one help me. plz send me sample report or guide me through steps.
thanx

I don't want to be rude or anything, but this is the request you gave. I understand requirements change, but you said plain as day "after running the report". Then I give the solution and you come back and say, "no, before the report".

I'm sorry! Different person entirely! My bad.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 June 2005 09:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Wana display message ' No record found' [message #142949 is a reply to message #122374] Tue, 18 October 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sikorsky05
I created a group to count the number of records returned
called M_G_ARCHIVE_NUMBER_FTR

I then added a Text Field within the report displaying
No records Returned.
When I created a Format Trigger and compiled it,
it said Bind variable not defined!!!

Below is the code I added to the Format Trigger

function B_1FormatTrigger return boolean is
BEGIN
IF :M_G_ARCHIVE_NUMBER_FTR = 0 THEN
return (TRUE);
ELSE
return (FALSE);
END IF;
END;

If I remove the : it says identifier must be declared.
How do I resolve this .

Thanks

I have enclosed the Report I was working on

Re: Wana display message ' No record found' [message #143736 is a reply to message #142949] Fri, 21 October 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
I believe you have confused the name of the frame versus the name of the summary column. Make sure you are referring to the summary column within the group (when you create a summary column in Reports, the default prefix of the object is CS)

HTH,
Steve
Re: Wana display message ' No record found' [message #143758 is a reply to message #143736] Fri, 21 October 2005 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karthi

Hi Steve,

Some guy wanted to display the msg after report run...but I want to show before the report runs...it means before the report shows the output....
Its waste of time...after seeing the output and thn again running report...if the report shows before it shows the output...then its good. If you any idea regarding this..pls mail me..Thanks.

bye
karthik
Re: Wana display message ' No record found' [message #144157 is a reply to message #122374] Tue, 25 October 2005 06:04 Go to previous message
PareshjKataria

hello
Paresh Here
You Can do this with create a function

exception
when others then
return 'no data found';
END;

Previous Topic: blank space in report
Next Topic: Conditional Printing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 25 19:24:45 CDT 2024