Home » Server Options » Replication » Create Materialized View locking source table
icon5.gif  Create Materialized View locking source table [message #128772] Wed, 20 July 2005 09:47
kerrinelson
Hello -
We had an issue where our users were unable to access a table that was referenced in a materialized view that was being created.

I found that there were many library cache lock waits and that the session creating the materialized was holding a library cache lock against one of the tables it was querying from. Once we killed the session that was creating the materialized view we were able to access the table.

We use many materialized views and have never encountered this in the past and I thought that the creation of a materialized view should not lock the source tables in any way.

Does anyone have any information on why this occurs? I have been unable to get an answer from Oracle and they just pointed me to an article explaining locking against the snapshot tables.

Any information anyone can provide on why this occurs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kerri
Previous Topic: Put a hold on dbms_jobs/replication during master backup
Next Topic: How to create materialized view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:39:13 CDT 2024