Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » running multiple reports
running multiple reports [message #131068] Thu, 04 August 2005 03:41 Go to next message
anisd2k

Hi All,

We are running our application developed in Oracle Developer 6i.
We want to run multiple reports simultaneously. Currently, when we runa report it starts reports background engine. When we try to execute other report, it is added in the queue with status 'waiting'. And doesnot displayed till we close first one
Now we want to run both or multiple reports same time.

Any solution pls.
It is very important and urgent
Remeber we are using Forms 6i and reports 6i.

Thanks in advance

Anis

m.anis@abamco.com
Re: running multiple reports [message #132486 is a reply to message #131068] Sat, 13 August 2005 04:32 Go to previous message
anisd2k

Dear Anis,

When running reports asynchronously, subsequent report requests are placed in the engine's queue. When the user exits the Previewer of the first report, the second report can be seen. However, many times users have to submit multiple requests at the same time (i.e. scheduling). In this case, it is advisable that they implement Report Server for scalability purpose.

Another workaround for the client/server technology would be to use the HOST command and call rwrun60. Note that HOST is a synchronous call, which means a statement like:

HOST ('RWRUN60 REPORT=' || :txt_fn || ' USERID=SCOTT/TIGER@CONNECTSTRING DESTYPE=SCREEN');

Where :txt_fn is a field accepting the report name to run, would wait till the user exists the Previewer .

Try the following code from Forms so that you can still have multiple Previewers at the same time:

HOST ('CMD /C START RWRUN60 REPORT=' || :txt_fn || ' USERID=SCOTT/TIGER@CONNECT STRING DESTYPE=SCREEN');

Regards

Faisal Ijaz

Manager Databases

Information Technology Department

ABAMCO Limited

7th Floor, The Forum, G-20, Khayaban-e-Jami, Clifton Block 9, Karachi

Ph: 111-222-626 (ext. 214)

Fax: 5361724
faisal.ijaz@abamco.com
Previous Topic: run a form from report
Next Topic: rwTemplates.xml
Goto Forum: